Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 years

I don't want to go on and on about the significance of this day... it's pretty obvious.  But this anniversary has gotten me thinking about how much my life has changed over the last ten years.  In 2001, I was a few weeks into my freshman year of college.  I was, ironically, in a class about the 20th century... the major events and movements of that century and their impacts on the world (wars, decolonization, etc.).  The dean of the college came in with his computer to tell us what was going on.  That day changed everything, and when we graduated we were called the 9/11 class.

10 years later, I am married, have a one-year-old, and am living in Arkansas.  The past ten years have been filled with highs, lows, and everything in between.  The last ten years make me excited about the next ten years.  Who knows where I will be?  But I, and the rest of the world, will never forget...

No comments: