Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

So far this week...

On Monday, Cooper had an ultrasound of his thyroid (which apparently is in your neck) and an endocrine appointment. I was a little worried about the ultrasounds because Cooper couldn't move that much and they were going to be rubbling his body with a hard, plastic wand. But he is the best patient ever! I held his neck so that his head was all the way back while she was performing the ultrasound and we can him breaks every once in a while, but he didn't cry or fuss or anything. The tech was really surprised and said he was one of the best babies she had ever worked with! I think he thought it was funny because he smiled the whole time.

The afternoon appointment was a different story. One of his genetic issues MIGHT be with his growth. Plus he has had some abnormal thyroid tests, so the geneticist wanted him to be seen and followed by endocrine. They wanted to do another thyroid level test (his 4th or 5th since birth) and test his growth hormone. So far, I am not too worried about his length. He has grown 8.5 inches since birth and is actually on the chart (14% for a 6 month old, 5% for a 7 month old) for height. And his thyroid tests have been high, but not high enough for them to give him medicine, so this was more of a "we're going to keep an eye on Cooper, just so you know" kind of appointment. The blood draws were terrible, though! He screamed the whole time, bled really slowly, and they had to stick both arms to get enough blood! Ugh! They did give him his second flu shot there, so I didn't have to go to the other ACH clinic, which was nice.

Tuesday he started school. This was much harder for me than him. When I left him there yesterday morning, he was already smiling at everyone and having a good time. When I went to pick him up, he was sitting in a Bumpo watching lights and listening to music. I kneeled down in front of him and he looked at me for a second, then smiled really big. It was great to know he really recognizes me and is happy to see me! At school, he napped well, ate well, and really had no problem! So far so good with that!

No comments: