Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

New Doc

Yesterday, we got a new pulmonary doctor.  He is amazing.  He was the first doctor, to walk in and basically say, "I've read his charts.  I'm tired of just treating the symptoms.  I think it's time to figure out what is really going on."  FINALLY!!!  So, he (and his resident) have spent the last couple of days lassoing doctors to attend what I'm calling a "meeting of the minds."  Tomorrow at three, 7 attendings will meet to discuss Cooper.  The magnificent 7 are: his pediatrician, Dr. Becton, his neurologist, his geneticist, his ENT doc, the GI doc on service, a cardiologist, and the new pulmonary guy.  Hopefully, those great minds will be able to figure out what is going on, or at the very least, get a game plan together to figure out what is going on.  I'll let everyone know tomorrow how it went and what we're going to be doing!!

No comments: