Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
There was an error in this gadget

Monday, June 25, 2012

No surgery...

We got up at 4:30 this morning to give Cooper his medicine and get ready to go to the hospital for surgery.  Cooper felt really hot and seemed uncomfortable and angry.  I took his temp and it was 103.2.  Not good.  We took him up to the hospital anyway, but we were pretty positive his surgery was going to get canceled.  Sure enough, the anesthesiologist took one look at his chart and said she didn't feel comfortable putting him under.  I don't blame her; have you seen his history?  Anyway, Dr. C said he has some openings Thursday or Friday.  The anesthesiologist said that would be ok with her as long as he didn't get really sick.  So as long as this was just a random fever and not indicative of him getting sick, it looks like the surgery is still going to happen this week.  If he does continue to get sicker, the surgery will be postponed at least six weeks to make sure his airway is completely healed.

On a personal note, as soon as we found out Cooper was not having surgery, I swear Cooper got better.  Right now, he is smiling and happy.  I swear he did this on purpose; somehow he knew.

No comments: