Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Dinner tonight

After a long (hour and a half) photo shoot and no lunch, I needed a big, yummy dinner.  And we succeeded!  We bought a BIG (like the size of my head big) sweet potato at the farmers market yesterday.  I really wanted to make twice baked sweet potatoes.  I found a recipe from the Neely's, but I made a few (accidental) changes.  First, I put a pinch of cumin into the spice mix.  This was not on purpose.  I have three spices from San Antonio that are in distinctive white containers: cinnamon, cumin, and crushed red pepper flakes.  The recipe called for cinnamon, but I grabbed the wrong spice.  I had just put a little in when I noticed it smelled wrong.  However, I think it made the potatoes taste even better than they would've otherwise.  The second change dealt with the skins.  They tore when I was taking the potato out. So Brad suggested i put the filling into ramekins.  This was a great idea, but I was upset  that I wouldn't have any skin to eat.  Then I got the great idea to line the ramekins with the broken skin.  All-in-all, it was SOOO good!!
We also had steak with a mushroom and red wine sauce on top.  This recipe is AMAZING!  Last, we had a mango (also from the Farmers market), arugula, and feta salad with a splash of balsamic vinegar dressing.





Oh, and lastly, this is how Cooper has been sleeping lately.  Notice the crossed ankles?  Everything that child does is precious!!


No comments: