Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Surgery

So I had my wisdom teeth surgery yesterday.  Currently I am very puffy and cannot feel my chin or lower lip (the doctor called me today and he seemed not to like that I couldn't feel any of my lower lip, including the sides).  During the surgery, I woke up.  At about 1:45 yesterday a doctor was shot by the husband of one of her patients in the parking lot about 200 yards from where my surgery was taking place.  The doctor was killed and happened to be my surgeon's wife's internist.  I woke up while all of this was going on.  Of course, I thought it was just a dream until the doctor confirmed post surgery that it had actually happened.  My right hand is now killing me because I managed to get my iv out of my vein and they had to move it to the left hand after I woke up.

Also, because my jaw is apparently freakishly small, instead of being on the liquid/ soft food diet for 5-7 days, I have to be on it for 2 weeks so I don't shatter my jaw.  Awesome.

No comments: